Now open for Urgent Care
Following guidance from my governing body the British Acupuncture Council, Professional institutions and Public Health England I am now able to open up to face to face appointments, with certain conditions in place. Please bear in mind that the following is an “evolving guide” outlining who I am able to see, and how I am working hard to keep us safe. I do think there is a serious risk of COVID-19 re-appearing, and hopefully you will be reassured by the steps I am taking, so that the benefits of continuing to have treatments far outweigh the risks.
My full risk assessment and procedures have been based on the British Acupuncture Council’s Guidance for Returning to Work.
How do I know if I qualify as an Urgent Care patient ? well consider if you:
- Are in Clinical need – in pain, have worsening symptoms, is there disruption in your daily life – work, sleep etc. Maintenance patients will still benefit from coming regularly to prevent acute flare ups, leading to multiple visits
- Require urgent help – a condition that is worsening, concerns over sinister / serious underlying causes
- without my help may need to access NHS services – by seeing me this would potentially reduce the strain on the NHS
I am now offering video consultations so that I can teach you Acupressure points on your own body, or we can just talk about things that are happening and I can lead you through a guided meditation, whilst simultaneously offering distance healing. Just call me on 0798 398 2232 or alternatively email me at email@example.com
Who am I not able to treat face-to-face?
I am not seeing anyone who is shielded / extremely clinically vulnerable or is self-isolating/presenting with symptoms consistent of COVID-19. If you have co existing health problems, or are in a household with someone who is shielded, or in an extreme risk group please discuss this with us prior to booking.
How Meridian Acupuncture’s Treatment Protocols are evolving during COVID-19
You will recognise that some of the Infection Control procedures below I have followed for years, and some are new.
Initially I’ll ask you to fill in a Pre-Treatment Form. The day before your appointment you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, which ensures it is safe for you to attend the clinic. Unfortunately you will be not allowed entry to the clinic if this is not completed. Temperature checks may be taken and recorded, though it is acknowledge some people are asymptomatic (so not the best measure).
Please wait in your car or at a safe social distance from other people. This is so that there is only one patient being seen at a time, enabling me to do a full 15minute wipedown of all surfaces. You are invited to wash your hands and/or use the alcohol hand gel provided.
I invite you to bring your own mask and I will be wearing a mask, wipedownable apron, face shield and gloves. If possible, please avoid bringing personal belongings such as handbags, into the clinic. The only exceptions will be a few toys /iPad needed for children’s appointments. Where this is not possible I will provide a small box with removable plastic bag, so that you can place phones, keys, purses and then take the bag away with you at the end of your session. Please ensure any items brought into the Clinic have been cleaned appropriately before bringing them in.
Track and trace: If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 within three days of having treatment please contact me immediately, so that I can advise the Local Authority and all other patients that I have come into contact with following your visit.
High standards of cleanliness will be maintained
- Treatment rooms disinfected and aerated between every patient. Commonly touched areas will be disinfected multiple times a day.
- No couch covers or pillowcase covers: This is so that the couch and pillow cases can be wiped down between patients
- Staggered appointment times: We will be staggering appointment times so patients don’t cross over in the clinic, and a full 15 minute wipedown can be carried out
- No fleecy blankets will be provided: so if required please bring a clean covering of your own
- Handwashing: as you know I always wash my hands several times during a treatment
- My own health: I will be monitoring my health daily, and my temperature will be taken and recorded prior to the working day. I track and trace procedures in place should I become unwell.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me and we will be happy to discuss it with you. If you feel there is anything else I could be doing to help you feel more comfortable about treatment at this time, please feel free to let me know.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these uncertain times.